admin — Tue, 17/11/2009 - 12:32
Thank you for visiting Leeds D&D website. Your use of this website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Your access to and use of the website constitutes your agreement to abide by such terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms you should leave the website immediately.
Leeds D&D reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update these terms and conditions and its web pages at any time without further notice and you agree to be bound by any modifications, alterations or updates to these terms and conditions.
Leeds D&D is an independant not-for-profit organisation and is not responsible for, nor assumes any liability for, the contents of websites or home pages which are linked to Leeds D&D web pages (Please see 8 below).
The provision by Leeds D&D of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by Leeds D&D to you to access materials held at that location, or on that site, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by Leeds D&D of the material held there.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights of material on Leeds D&D's Website
1. Copyright 2009 Mr Adam Page and Mr Jamie Firth
The copyright in material on this website is, unless stated otherwise, owned by the above names persons and protected by the copyright laws of the United Kingdom, international copyright treaties and all other applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. You are entitled to copy any copyright materials for your own personal use but you may not otherwise copy, reproduce, republish or distribute any such information in any manner without the prior written consent of the above named persons.
You agree not to remove any copyright notices or legends or other notices or proprietary restrictions from any of the material or information contained in these web pages. Any unauthorised downloading, retransmission, or other copying or modification of any of the contents of this website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by the above named persons.
2. Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs appearing in the pages of this website may constitute trade names or unregistered trade marks of Leeds D&D or a third party. The display of any of the above trade names or trade marks on pages at this website does not imply that any license has been granted to any third party in respect of the same. All third party product or company names and devices, logos, icons, graphics or designs appearing on this website are exhibited only in such a manner as is intended to be for the benefit of such trade mark owners and Leeds D&D intends no infringement of such trade marks. The appearance or absence of products, services, companies, organisations, home pages or other websites on this website does not imply any endorsement or non-endorsement thereof by Leeds D&D. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Leeds D&D.
3. Except as otherwise provided in these regulations, or as agreed in writing, Leeds D&D claims ownership of all intellectual property created by members arising from work undertaken specifically for the group. In asserting its ownership Leeds D&D does so for the purpose of ensuring the applicability of these regulations. The intellectual property covered by these regulations includes: (a) computer software; (b) group commissioned literary and scientific works as defined in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988; (c) registered and unregistered designs; and includes any intellectual property generated in the course of Leeds D&D held consultancies.
Exclusions For the avoidance of doubt, Leeds D&D does not intend to assert ownership of copyright in books, articles, lectures or other written work or in computer-related work other than that specified in (a) and (b) above, except where in any such case such work is specifically commissioned by Leeds D&D or is produced by any person specifically employed to create and develop intellectual property for Leeds D&D. Leeds D&D will also not assert ownership of any intellectual property developed in any materials produced in the course of private or professional work as an employee of any other organization.
4. When you view Leeds D&D website some information may be stored on your computer. This information will be in the form of a 'cookie' or similar holding file and will help improve your browsing experience. With most Internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your Internet browser instructions or help screen or learn more about these functions.
5. The information, materials and functions contained in the website including text, graphics, links or other items are provided on an 'as is' basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Leeds D&D disclaims all warranties, representations, understandings whatsoever, express or implied, specifically including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from computer viruses, and non-infringement of third parties' rights.
6. Leeds D&D website incorporates links to web pages which are personal or to external web pages which may be authored by third parties. The contents of these personal and external web pages remain the sole responsibility of the author. Leeds D&D shall not be liable for the content of such web pages, regardless of such web pages being linked to Leeds D&D official web pages.
The owners of computers, hard drives and other equipment on which Leeds D&D website is hosted or mirrored will, likewise, not be responsible for statements made on Leeds D&D website or the contents of third party's pages.
7. Leeds D&D shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage whatsoever including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, contracts, data, goodwill, work stoppage and computer failure resulting from the use of or inability to use, interruption or availability of this website.
The operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data or otherwise in respect of the use of the website and howsoever caused even if the University shall have been advised of the possibility of such damages. All implied warranties, implied undertakings, implied representations, and/or implied conditions relating to the website, its content and/or any third party sites are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law.
Leeds D&D further excludes any liability for any errors or omissions from information, materials and functions included in this website except to the extent that such liability may not be lawfully excluded under the applicable law. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law Leeds D&D disclaims all liability for negligence.
8. If you wish to provide a link to this website it must be to the website's homepage, currently at http://www.leedsdnd.co.uk. Leeds D&D is not responsible for, nor assumes any liability for, the contents of other websites or home pages which are linked to Leeds D&D's web pages. Leeds D&D shall have no liability in respect of material hyperlinked to Leeds D&D's web pages which may be misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, threatening or obscene or otherwise not in accordance with such regulations as may be from time to time in force. The provision by Leeds D&D of a link to another website does not constitute any authorisation by Leeds D&D to you to access materials held at that location, or on that site, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by Leeds D&D of the material held there.
9. Leeds D&D operates this website from 10 Fowlers Croft, Otley, Leeds, LS21 1JB and makes no representation that the information contained herein is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing the website.
10. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you are accessing this website.
11. If you have any questions concerning the terms and conditions please write to Leeds D&D, 10 Fowlers Croft, Otley, Leeds, LS21 1JB
Leeds D&D abides by the Data Protection Act 1998. Leeds D&D holds personal data about its members (data subjects), which are processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act. With certain exceptions, you have the right to obtain a copy of any such data held about yourself, for which Leeds D&D will make a charge of 10 pound (sterling). On receipt of the data you would also receive a description of the data, information necessary to make it intelligible, the purpose for which it is held, the sources and likely recipients of the data and information about any automatic decision-making processes. The processing of all personal data held on Leeds D&D's computers must comply with the 1998 Act. The Act covers not only computerised data but also data held on any medium (paper, film, video or audio tape etc.).
The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988
Under this Act it is an offence to copy documentation or software without the permission of the owner of the copyright. In addition to observing the copyright users must also comply with the terms of any license agreement made by Leeds D&D with any third party which governs the use of the software.
Leeds D&D is a company which aims to promote Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition and provide gaming opportunities for people living in and around Leeds. The contents of this site are Copyright Mr Adam Page and Mr Jamie Firth 2009. You may use the information on this site for non-commercial purposes, provided that you credit the source clearly. You may also use the information on this site for commercial purposes, provided that such purposes are restricted to explaining Leeds D&D's role, terms and conditions, policy, procedure, rules, purpose, plans, etc. You must credit the source as Copyright Mr Adam Page and Mr Jamie Firth or, where appropriate and stated, any other copyright holder, whether organisation or individual.
The Computer Misuse Act 1990
This Act makes it a criminal offence to attempt to access, use or alter any computer data, program or service to which you have not been granted authorised access rights. Therefore, any attempt to interfere with or bypass the security controls, to attempt to obtain information such as other people's password, or accessing or modifying other people's programs or files without permission are offences under the Act. This Act also makes illegal the activity of hacking and the introduction of viruses and worms.
Unless otherwise stated all rights, including copyright, in the content of this Web site are reserved by Mr Adam Page and Mr Jamie Firth (Leeds D&D). In accessing these Web pages, you agree that any downloading of content is for personal, non-commercial reference only. Notwithstanding this statement, most information presented on this website is considered public information, unless otherwise noted, and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credit is requested. For rights clearance please contact Leeds D&D, 10 Fowlers Croft, Otley, Leeds, LS21 1JB
The content of Leeds D&D's external website is maintained by Leeds D&D WebMaster. Some content is maintained by other members of Leeds D&D. Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that information is accurate and up-to-date, some information is subject to change. Leeds D&D will not be held liable for information that is subject to change and reserves the right to alter the content of the external website at any time